[Serusers] DSTATE option in Makefile

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu May 6 12:13:51 CEST 2004

On May 06, 2004 at 11:15, Quenton <Quenton_help at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi i have a short question about the compilation of ser,
> i want to complie with DSTATE option ,

You mean -DSTATS  (there is no -DSTATE in standard ser).

> normaly i run:
> make modules
> make install prefix ="...."
> How can i declare the DSTATE option during the installation, I take a look in the makefile.defs where I found this flag and remove the comment in front of DSTATE.
> But it doesn't work .

Make sure there is no commentet out defs before it.

E.g.:
     -DF_MALLOC \
     # -DDBG_F_MALLOC \
     -DSTATS
won't work, move -DSTATS:

        -DF_MALLOC \
        -DSTATS

You could also not modify Makefile.defs and always include extra_defs=-D
in every make command:

make proper
make all extra_defs=-DSTATS
make install extra_defs=-DSTATS

(though you won't really need it for make install since this is only a
compile time option)

Note also that I don't think anybody compiled with this option in a long
while.

Andrei