[Serusers] Re: [Sems] ivr.record and DTMF tone

gaillac harry gaillacharry at yahoo.fr
Thu May 6 11:51:51 CEST 2004

Hi Richard

Sorry I can't answer but I think  we are looking for the sames problems

do you solve theses question could you help me ?

I have a few questions about multiple domains and call
from/to pstn. I don't want to change the ser.cfg
script everytime a new domain is added. How can I
support the following features?

1. Every domain has their own 3 or 4 digit dial plan.
When they call PSTN, their caller id should be the
either a prefix plus their internal number or a
generic receptionist number, but not the 3/4 digit
internal number. Different domains have different
prefix. Is there a way to do this without changing the
script for every domain?

2. Should interdomain calls be prohibited? Is it
preferred to send the call to PSTN and hairpin back? I
know it consumes more resources but would it provide
better privacy? If that's the case, how to prevent
interdomain calls, i.e. how to verify from and to URI
have the same host parts?

3. When PSTN calls come in, should I use prefix2domain
in pdt module to convert the PSTN number to a local
domain number? Any pitfalls?

This list has been great! Thanks for all your help.