[Serusers] Beginner to SER, looking for good examples/advice

Ryan Tucker rtucker at netacc.net
Wed Mar 31 00:22:25 CEST 2004

Greetings!

I'm looking to SER to provide SIP proxy services.  Generally speaking, I
like what I see so far -- it seems generally solid, and full of nice,
useful features.  :-)

Basically, here's what I'm hoping to do, and I haven't found a good
example to start from yet.

We have an Asterisk server which is handling most of our voice traffic,
and we're perfectly happy with that.  However, we have a few fax machines
which need to use T.38, and are looking to deploy a somewhat more major
service where a good database backend is going to be the thing to use.
What we got thusfar is an AudioCodes Mediant 2000 (useful for T.38 stuff)
and the Asterisk box itself, which talks to the PSTN.  What we're looking
to do is:

Inbound calls to fax numbers:
  PSTN -> Asterisk -> Mediant -> SER -> Device
Inbound calls to normal numbers:
  PSTN -> Asterisk -> SER -> Device

Outbound calls from fax numbers:
  Device -> SER -> Mediant -> Asterisk -> PSTN
Outbound calls from normal numbers:
  Device -> SER -> Asterisk -> PSTN

Basically, I can get everything to do its part in this right now, 'cept
for inbound calls... SER just sends those right back out to the Mediant,
which results in a PRI signalling performance test.  I've bumbled around
with the config, but just haven't figured understood it yet.  Does anyone
have a good example of something along this lines I could start from?  I
figure that if I can get it working with just one gateway, I can get the
second gateway going; just need to figure out how to get one gateway going
;-)

I'd post my config, but I'm not sure I want my name attached to it at this
point.  *grin*

Thanks!  -rt

--
Ryan Tucker