[Serusers] The problem when enable the MySql

John LI john at signalc.com
Thu Mar 25 00:50:15 CET 2004

Dear Sir,

I am installing the Ser on Redhat 9.0 platform.

I download ser-0.8.12_src.tar.gz, and compile the souce code, and install it.
The Ser working fine with out the MySQL enabled.

I download the MySQL packges from www.mysql.com

 MySQL-client-4.0.18-0.i386.rpm
 MySQL-server-4.0.18-0.i386.rpm
 MySQL-shared-4.0.18-0.i386.rpm

and install them, and Mysql can start up.

After this, I download the ser-0.8.12_src.tar.gz

and try to install it, and it give me out the error messge
error: Failed dependencies:
        ser = 0.8.12 is needed by ser-mysql-0.8.12-0

I don't know what this means.

BTW, when i enable the MySQL in ser.cfg, it give out the following error messages:
 0(25007) ERROR: load_module: could not open module </usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so>: /usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I wonder how can I get the mysql.so module.

I am the fresh man in using Ser, please give me some instructions.

John