[Serusers] Routing unknown users to PSTN

Andreas Granig a.granig at inode.at
Wed Mar 24 13:47:59 CET 2004

Hi,

I'd like to use official phone numbers inside my voip network (the
numbers are assigned to me and are routed to my Cisco-5300 gateway in
case of an incoming call from PSTN), and I don't want to use a prefix
when calling from voip to PSTN.

Now when I want to perform a call from the voip net, how can I decide
wether it's an internal voip call or should be routed to the PSTN gateway?

Would it be a proper solution to just lookup in the aliases- and
location-table, and, if not found there, just forward it to the PSTN
gateway? The PSTN gateway should then route it back to my SER if it's a
number assigned to me, and I'd get a loop, which should be detected by
the mf_process_maxfwd_header() function.

Sounds like a ugly hack, and I'm really not shure if this would work, so
how would be the standard solution for such a task? (beside using a PSTN
prefix)

Regards,
Andy