[Serusers] 100 trying for non_INVITE transaction

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Mar 23 13:32:35 CET 2004

At 01:15 PM 3/23/2004, Klaus Darilion wrote:

>Jiri Kuthan wrote:
>>>Another possibility would be to relay non-INVITE requests stateless. Any comments/suggestions on this?
>>
>>I have been thinking of that too, just to avoid memory consumption.
>>Fine as long as you don't need statful functionality such as
>>accounting.
>
>Oh, yes. That was the reason I used stateful relaying - now I remember. :-)

Well, one could trade unlimited memory consumption caused by stateful processing for the
accounting overhead. It comes down to what is worse overhead for your installation. In normal
situation, stateful processing will eliminate generation of duplicate CDRs on BYE
retransmissions. In abnormal situations with excessive traffic, the memory consumption
caused by stateful processing may be a more significant overhead than that caused by
accounting. If you optimize for such a case, you may generate a CDR for each BYE
(and not care about what the reply for it is and duplicates due to retransmissions).

-jiri