[Serusers] authentication recommnedations

Thu Mar 18 18:47:51 CET 2004

Hi!

I use this setup:

if (is_from_local() ) {
  if (!proxy_authorize("", "subscriber")) {
   xlog("L_ERR", "%is [%Tf]: %rm %fu -> %ru: bad credentials\n");
   proxy_challenge("", "0");
   break;
  } else {
   if (!check_from()) {
    sl_send_reply("403", "cheating: user!=from");
    xlog("L_ERR", "%is [%Tf]: %rm %fu -> %ru: authuser!=from ->break\n");
    break;
   };
  };
  xlog("L_INFO", "%is [%Tf]: %rm %fu -> %ru:successful authenticated\n");
  setflag(2); # local user
} else {
  if ((!is_uri_host_local()) ) {
   if (is_present_hf("Route")) {
    xlog("L_INFO", "%is [%Tf]: %rm %fu -> %ru: relaying allowed because
route header is present\n");
   } else {
    sl_send_reply("403", "we don't support relaying");
    xlog("L_ERR", "%is [%Tf]: %rm %fu -> %ru: 403 relaying not allowed\n");
    break;
   };
  };
};

As you see, you also have to verify, that the username in the
credentials is the same as in the From: header. This is done using the
check_from() method.

For register requests, you have to compare the auth-username with the
To: header. --> check_to()

regards,
Klaus