[Serusers] SIP VoIP Problem & Shorewall

Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) andreil1 at starlett.lv
Thu Mar 11 17:18:43 CET 2004

Hi,

I am struggling to get SIP (session initiation protocol) VoIP software
(SIP Express Router + XTen/KPhone/Linphone) and hardware (Grandstream
SIP IP Phone) to work with Shorewall. The best result I have achieved
is when I can call (or someone call me), hear sound, but my talk is not
transmitted for weird reason.

I have quite standard configuration - two-card Linux PC with shorewall
(one static external IP + static local IPs 192.168.0.xxx), opened ports
are 5060 tcp/udp, 5004 udp (for Grandstream), and 8000-8020 udp (for
XTen, Linphone).

SER itself is hosted by the independent provider, and other people who
have another router/firewall software do not have similar problem.

It looks like something is wrong with NAT or masquarading. May be
someone will be kind to e-mail (or post on this mailing list) their
Shorewall configs (masq, nat, rules, etc.)? My e-mail is
andreil1 at starlett.lv

Thanks in advance.

*   Best Regards   ---   Andrei Verovski
*
*   Personal Home Page
*   http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac/
*   Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site