[Serusers] post installation problems... please help

Shahzad Sadiq shahzad at visionvalley.net
Sun Mar 7 14:41:10 CET 2004

Hi,
  I am really new with SER. I ve downloaded and installed
SER on red hat linux ver 9. The never ending problem which
I am facing is that as soon as i install mysql the SER
stops runing. i try to start it again through /sbin/ser
but i get an error msg. And the msg which i get is :
ERROR: loading config file(/usr/local/etc/ser/ser.cfg): No
such file or directory
... I ve got no clue why its giving me this message.
please help me out on this. Can you please send me step by
step guide lines for any messenger to downloaded and how
to configure mysql ver 4.0 so that I can     benifit from
SER.
thanks
shahzad sadiq