[Serusers] request for comments

Tue Jun 29 09:56:20 CEST 2004

1. How will you do the load balancing? Do the several ser servers have a
single IP address? As the clients are behind NAT, the NAT traversal
always has to be done by the proxy which acceptet the registration of
the client (only this IP address is allowed to traverse the NAT in case
of symmetric NATs).

Furthermore you have to ensure that all messages of a transaction
traverse the same proxy.

Another point is that only the SIP proxy which acceptet the registration
knows about the current location of a UA, except you use the t_replicate
feature.

billing: as long as all SIP proxies write their account data into the
same database you have a single billing mechanism. btw: don't you have a
more reliable source for CDRs like a PSTN gateway?

Klaus