[Serusers] request for comments

Jev jev at ecad.org
Tue Jun 29 01:51:06 CEST 2004

I have made a diagram using Dia, of a ser footprint that I would like to
put together.

http://www.ecad.org/~jev/ser/SerFootprint.png

The idea is that all user accounts, and locations (Down to ser/rtpproxy
fronted) will be stored in the main Billing/User accounts back end. I
want to have a farm of front end ser machines which will just proxy
invites/registers/byes to the back end for authentication,
authorization, and billing, and also proxy RTP by means of either Maxims
rtpproxy or AG's mediaproxy.

The front end SERs will be able to come and go, and our cisco router
will manage the balancing (using things like 'sticky IP').

Depending on load we can just add more front end ser machines, and also
possibly add more back end machines (using the t_replicate() mechanism)
if need be.

Currently I'm playing around in my test network getting this footprint
to a functional state, I wanted to share the idea with community and see
what you guys think of this setup? Weaknesses, [over|under] complicated?

It is possible that some front end machines would be specific for a
certain group of phones, based on latency (Different physical location).
My main requirement is that I have a single billing/accounting
mechanisism...

Calls from one end point to the other will allways be mediated through a
RTP proxy on one of the front end machines.

What do you guys think?