[Serusers] t.38 fax woes

bert berlin btberlin at quintum.com
Tue Jun 29 00:45:57 CEST 2004

  HI,

WE are having problems with t.38 fax and record-route in SER.

Without record_route, using only t_relay(), fax works fine between two
of our UA's.

However, when record_route is used, a voice call is successful but a fax
call fails.  An ethereal sniff shows that the "re-invite" from the
destination to the origination is never forwarded to the origination
UA.  Thus, the fax fails.

If I turn off record_route(), the fax call succeeds.

An ethereal sniff of the failure case is attached. A snip of the ser.cfg
file which shows the use of record_route() and t_relay() is attached.
If I comment out the one line for record_route(), the fax succeeds.

Any ideas as to why this fails?

thanks
bert
--