[Serusers] ser farms / architecture

Jev jev at ecad.org
Fri Jun 25 21:58:13 CEST 2004

Hi SerUsers,

I want to try and understand the issues involved in having a farm of SER
servers.

For shared usr_loc data service, is there another way for the servers to
share the usr_loc datasource, besides running usr_loc dbmode at 3 and
having all ser instances updating and querying the same DB?

I would also like to segregate my registrar server from my proxy
machine, but I still want my registrar to see invites and byes for
billing purposes. Basically to separate all stateful proxying and rtp
poxying (keeping it on one or more front end servers) from my
registrar/billing server. So far I have been playing with proxying
REGISTER and INVITE operations from the front end server(s) to a back
end, and attempting to do call routing at the front end.
Has anyone done something similar to this in the past? I'd be interested
to hear peoples thoughts on this layout.

Thanks,
-Jev