[Serusers] Call routing Problems ser->asterisk->ser with NATed UAs

Thu Jun 24 09:22:11 CEST 2004

What is your setup, i.e. where is the NAT? Between UAs and ser, or
between ser and asterisk?

Have you tried to caputure the SIP signaling (take a look at the SDP
bodies, which IP addresses are announced there?) and the RTP stream?
-->use ethereal to get a glue where the packets are sent to and check
out what is going wrong.

Where does the UAs send the packets to? To rtpproxy or to asterisk?

AFAIK asterisk is capable of NAT traversal (symmetric RTP). So I would
suggest:
- for normal calls (without asterisk) do the NAT traversal with
nathelper+rtpproxy
- for "special" calls (with asterisk) do the SIP NAT traversal in ser
(nathelper: force rport, fix natted contact, record_route) and do the
RTP NAT traversal in asterisk.

regards,
klaus