[Serusers] problem with nathelper

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jun 22 13:02:40 CEST 2004

On Jun 21, 2004 at 18:00, Gianni Olivieri - <gianni at gnuthink.org> wrote:
> Hallo to all,
>
>    I'm a new user of SER. I live/work in italy.
> I've downloaded ad installed the latest debian packages of SER find in
> iptel.org ftp space.
> The version is:
>
> ser_0.8.12_i386.deb
>
> I've installed and configured for a basic test with mysql module:
>
> ser-mysql-module_0.8.12_i386.deb
>
> all went ok :-)
>
> I've two Grandstream BudgetTone102 and with 2 pubblic IP all work great.
> I can register in mysql and I can query for the other ip.
>
> The problems came when I tried to configure nathelper for work behind a
> NAT-machine (a simple linux with iptables).
>
> I've tried many howto, also the config find in:
> http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2004-February/005996.html
>
> BUT always I've this error...
>
> # /usr/sbin/ser -c
>  0(916) set_mod_param_regex: parameter <ping_nated_only> not found in
> module <nathelper>
>  0(916) parse error (97,43-44): Can't set module parameter
>  0(916) parse error (110,22-23): unknown command, missing loadmodule?
>
>  0(916) parse error (232,46-47): unknown command, missing loadmodule?
>
> ERROR: bad config file (3 errors)
>

> someone can explain me what's wrong?

The 0.8.12 packages include an old nathelper. There were some important
upgrades and fixes which didn't make it in the packages.
The version of nathelper you are using does not support the
ping_nated_only module parameter.
Please compile ser form the latest stable cvs
(http://www.iptel.org/ser/cvs/)

Andrei