[Serusers] Problem with TCP/UDP translation

Daniel Machín Vazquez-Illá dmachin at telefonica.net
Mon Jun 21 21:18:49 CEST 2004

Hello

I have a problem when two clients (one using UDP and one using TCP) connect
to SER (version 0.8.13-dev-23). My scenario is more or less like this:

TCP Client <----> SER <----> UDP Client

There are no NATs or Firewalls in scene.

I want to reuse the TCP connection of the TCP Client for the whole SIP
signalling, so I have added the command force_tcp_alias(); to ser.cfg and
changed tcp_conn.h as advised in
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2004-May/008262.html.

The TCP Client starts the call with an INVITE and everything works
correctly. However, when the UDP Client tries to send a MESSAGE, SER doesn't
route the MESSAGE through the TCP connection (it sends it over UDP with the
TCP port included in TCP Clients Contact!).

Can anyone tell me what is misconfigured?

Lots of thanks to everyone.

DANIEL