[Serusers] Forwarding user authentication info

John A. Hull john at tech-terra.com
Sun Jun 20 03:29:50 CEST 2004

I have ser running as a SIP proxy for SIP to SIP calls, and use digest
authentication with MySQL for users. I'd like to add the ability for
users to place calls to the PSTN through a switch that needs user
authentication for PSTN invite requests. I have the same users set up in
SER and on the switch, and if an invite request is made to SER for a
PSTN number, I rewrite the host and t_relay it to the switch. My
question is as follows: is SER able to forward user authentication info
to the switch with the invite request? It's not obvious to me if or how
this can be done...

    John