[Serusers] Voice Mail options for an SER environment

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 15 15:04:42 CEST 2004

Bogdan-Andrei IANCU wrote:

> Steve Blair wrote:
>

>> Hello:
>>
>>  I'm interested in how this community is providing voicemail service
>> to IP phone users registered to a SER proxy. If you can speak to this
>> point I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide. Specifically I'm
>> interested in:
>>
>> 1) What product is providing voice mail service?
>

> for SER, voicemail is provided by SEMS (hosted on berlios), in
> particular by its voicemail plug-in

Yes. I have sems installed but that fact that it only delivers via email
and that
it doesn't seem to support a lead number for call in from off campus is
what
prompted my message. I didn't realize this is how sems worked.

For our campus deployment we need a voice mail service that more closely
resembles our existing system.

>> 2) With this system can users manipulate messages via the
>>    telephone set?
>

> no, AFAIK, the voicemail messages are delivered via email to user.

that is my understanding also.

--

ISC Network Engineering
The University of Pennsylvania