[Serusers] SER proxy behind NAT

Dmitry Semyonov dsemyonov at dins.ru
Thu Jun 10 17:49:50 CEST 2004

Andrei,

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:

> On Jun 10, 2004 at 18:24, Dmitry Semyonov <dsemyonov at dins.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Recently I've been fighting with SER running on local IP, which is
> > statically mapped to public one via NAT/firewall.
> >
> > The problem was in SER putting local IP into Record-route field.
> > Therefore, a public client (X-lite) was trying to send BYE message to
> > this local IP. I used record_route_preset("<SER public IP>") in place
> > of record_route() to solve the problem.
> >
> > Does someone have any comments on the method? Are there any other
> > solutions, (despite the obvious one to put SER into public
> > Internet)?
>
> Check also: advertised_address = <public_ip>, or on a per packet basis:
>  set_advertised_address(<public_ip>);
>
> This should use <public_ip> in Via and RR.

Thanks for the info.
<pulic_ip> is used in Via, but not in RR with the
(set_)advertised_address=<public_ip>.
So, I still have to utilize record_route_preset function.

P.S.
I use stable SER from CVS, a bit outdated,
(and a bit hacked, though it should not affect the RR functionality).

P.P.S.
Can't search for advertised_address in Google. It seems our www proxy
kills pages by the "advert" word :-\

...Bye..Dmitry.