[Serusers] Problem using PSTN.

Antonio Querubin tony at aloha.net
Tue Jun 8 21:57:29 CEST 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, gc wrote:

> Sorry for the misspell. I did have "^SIP:" in there. I tried forward(),
> t_relay_to_udp() , t_relay_to(). None of them work. I also used ngrep to
> display the sip messages. it seems the message never get forward to PSTN
> gateway. Although I can directly connect to PSTN gateway with my sip phone
> and make phone call. How can I debug this thing?

Where exactly in the route() function did you add the above into the
config?  The placement matters.  If for example you're using the stock
ser.cfg and placed the code at the very end of route() then it wont work
because the stock portion of the config that looks like:

                # native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
                if (!lookup("location")) {
                        sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
                        break;
                };

will trap the call before it even gets to your addition at the end of the
config.

Try changing the above to (or something similar):

                # native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
                if (!lookup("location")) {
                       # attempt handoff to PSTN.
                       log( "Forwarding to PSTN\n" );
                       rewritehost( "your pstn gateway router" );
                       forward( "your pstn gateway router", 5060 );
                };

Antonio Querubin
Pacific LightNet Communications / Hawaii OnLine
System Administrator
tony at aloha.net   (808) 791-2898