[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] Radius accounting unreliable

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu Jun 3 01:11:13 CEST 2004

At 03:37 PM 6/2/2004, Adrian Georgescu wrote:
>We do that "as a dirty trick " but looking in my statistics those tags are repeating themselves at a far higher rate than Radius ids. It seems a matter of luck of having a unique combination.

I don't think that including tags is a dirty trick. Dialogs are idenfitied by
triple callid-fromtag-totag, an INVITE may initiate multiple dialogs, and keeping
the information complete is clean. This information should be relatively unique
even if UAC fails to generate random values -- callee's From tag will be good then.

>If Acct-Unique-Session-Id had been unique it would solve the problem at RADIUS server level independent of broken UAs who are reusing Acct-Session-Id (the SIP call id).
>
>Do you know where is the Acct-Unique-Session-Id generated, is it radius client or SER ?

I'm not sure.

-jiri