[Serusers] Monitoring tool

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Wed Jun 2 17:18:48 CEST 2004

Hello,

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 16:14, Tomas Björklund wrote:
> What software do you use for making sure that your sipserver(s) are online
> and working?
>
> I'm on the lookout for something that I can use with Nagios (ie anything
> that I can run from a shellprompt).
>
> I have tried sipsak but it's not working on solaris (some strange
> bind/socket operations that breaks the program)

Please send me the exact error messages. I'll then try to fix it. But a few
weeks ago it worked for me on Solaris. Anyway, sent me any input that i can
try to fix it. I have no Solaris machine availbale.

> I would like the same feature as sipsak has,
>
> 1. Register account
> 2. Call account
> 3. Check for invite
>
> Doing an external call to a free number would also be nice, just wait for
> the 200 OK and then cancel the call.

I'll not add any feature which establishes a dialog with another SIP UA,
because sipsak has no SIP stack and the results would be probably horrible.

But with sipsak you can first register a user and then sipsak tries to call
itself on this just before registered account. This should show if your
normal INVITE processing is still working (Note: sipsak does not support
record-routing yet).

Greetings
  Nils