[Serusers] SER and NAT

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Jun 2 00:23:27 CEST 2004

Function fix_contact() is available within mediaproxy.so with same
meaning as its nathelper.so counterpart.

Adrian

 >You have to rewrite the REGISTER message before saving the
locations!

if (nat_uac_test("2")) {
        force_rport();
        fix_nated_contact();  # from nathelper module
        append_hf("P-Behind-NAT: Yes\r\n");
        setflag(5); #natflag
        save(location);  # user with natflag set will be
                         # pinged to keep NAT binding alive

regards,
klaus
Tjapko ITS Consult at ncy wrote:
 > Hello List,
 >
 > In my fierce battle to overcome the NAT problem I have now running
SER and
 > Mediaproxy without any problem. Whenever any Nated EP like to call to
PSTN
 > or a non nated EP the call goes ok. Whenever I try to call from a non
nated
 > EP to a NATed EP the call does not go through.
 >
 > It seems like that the destination address is not known by mediaproxy
so it
 > can't forward the call to the correct EP.
 >
 > My question is whether this problem might be caused by my ser.cfg or
that
 > this is typical SIP behaviour.
 >
 > In other words is it possible to call to any EP that is behind
Symmetric