[Serusers] SER won't start: can't find PID file

CJ Benson evilmoxy at alteredstates.ca
Sat Jul 31 16:19:50 CEST 2004

Greetings,

I'm having a problem I'm just can't seem to fix. I'm not a newbie to Linux,
but by the same token, I'm not a GURU either. I'm trying to set up SER and
so far everything is going according to plan, except for one little problem.

 When trying to start SER I get the following message:

Starting SER: cat: /var/run/ser.pid: No such file or directory.

SO for fun I touched a file with that name in that directory to see what
would happen. I then get:

Starting SER: PID file exists! (/var/run/ser.pid) already running?

This is all obtained by running "serctl start". Prior to running I  ran "ser
-ddd -P /var/run/ser.pid" then I run serctrl, but am left being stuck in
this situation.

Your help would me be appreciated.

Cheers,
CJ