[Serusers] Asterisks to ser to asterisk (voicemail)

GR S gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 23:03:31 CEST 2004

Hello,

--- Dave Bath <dave at fuuz.com> wrote:

<snip>
> (1) If a user is called with their alphanumeric ID instead of their
> numerical alias, * does not pick up the call.  This is as expected, as
> the dial pattern in * is _[1-9] [0-9] [0-9] [0-9].  However, it must be
> fairly common to call people with their email addresses for example...
> so how can I make ser pass the alias to * instead of the alpha URI?

I think the problem is in your dialplan. Try adding something like this:
exten => _.,1,Dial(SIP/....

> (2) If a user is offline, I get a 404 immediately, instead of anything
> else - for example diverting immediately to vm.  I don't quite
> understand this at the moment.. as I have the t_on_failure set up before
> the location lookups... does the t_on_failure not catch 404 failures?

Sorry, I dont understand this problem. Looks to me as a misconfiguration in the config file.
Please post your ser.cfg. There are many in this forum who can tell you about the problem after
verifying the config file. I saw your previous post and excerpts from the config file, but did not
quite understand that.

> Thanks again everyone,
>
> Dave

Best Regards,