[Serusers] Asterisks to ser to asterisk (voicemail)

Dave Bath dave at fuuz.com
Wed Jul 28 22:39:48 CEST 2004

As you guys seem to have some experience with this area perhaps I will
re-ask my question this thread..

I have SER-->asterisk forwarding working fine now, and I have divert on
unavailable working.  However, I have two outstanding problems:

(1) If a user is called with their alphanumeric ID instead of their
numerical alias, * does not pick up the call.  This is as expected, as
the dial pattern in * is _[1-9] [0-9] [0-9] [0-9].  However, it must be
fairly common to call people with their email addresses for example...
so how can I make ser pass the alias to * instead of the alpha URI?

(2) If a user is offline, I get a 404 immediately, instead of anything
else - for example diverting immediately to vm.  I don't quite
understand this at the moment.. as I have the t_on_failure set up before
the location lookups... does the t_on_failure not catch 404 failures?

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.... anything I can provide,
please let me know...

Thanks again everyone,

Dave