[Serusers] alternative for cpl-c No Answer timer

Bogdan-Andrei IANCU iancu at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jul 27 14:44:56 CEST 2004

Arne Scheffer wrote:

>Bogdan and other who are interested,
>
>What would you advice at present if I want to use SER and offer a forward on No Answer feature ?

please see
http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/seruser/seruser.html#REPLYPROCESSINGSECTION

>As TM and thus CPL-C does not support the timeout (timer) option I understand it can not be used to implentent this feature.

both cpl-c and tm supports timeout feature, but it value is fixed for
all user (you cannot have custom timeout per user). You can change this
global value via tm param "fr_inv_timer".

>Other options :
>
>use SER -> asterisk (FS)
>
>In this case all calls are sent to the FS maybe some smart thing can be done to only send users with a no answer script.
>
>If I want to enable PSTN forwarding + Billing I think I would then end up with the following:
>
>SER -> Asterisk (FS) -> SER -> Asterisk (PSTN) -> PSTN GW
>
>Is this the only way ?

if you involve *, you also involve risk. Not to mention the complexity
of this solution.
I prefer the approach: as simple as better.

bogdan