[Serusers] Another question regarding Asterisk & SER

Soren (Home) soren at tanesha.net
Sat Jul 24 09:10:21 CEST 2004

Hi,

Just two comments:

1/ Try to switch to mediaproxy - I find it more straight-forward to use
than nathelper (also little slower though due to grrr Python).

> My desired setup is as follows (the only thing behind a NAT are phones):
>
> Phone(s) --> [NAT] --> SER --> Asterisk(FS) --> Asterisk (PSTN)

2/ Why do you want to send all to your Asterisk(FS) ?  You can put the
dial-plan to routing in ser, so only those nessecary requests will go to
Asterisk(FS) and PSTN calls directly to Asterisk(PSTN). Also you can
prevent loops from Asterisk(FS) by making SER handle routing directly
between clients.

> It is my understanding that my desired setup is very similar to that
> of others such as FWD (Free World Dialup), et al.

And no, Afaik FWD got a Jasomi box donated to handle all the NAT-oddities,
lucky bastards ;-).

Soren Davidsen,
Univ: AUE department of computer science, room H302, +45-20676081
Home: http://tanesha.net/, +45-36947805 or +1-3602266324
Ring billigt med IP-telefoni: http://musimi.dk/, http://GratisSip.dk/