Fw: [Serusers] mediaproxy <-> rtpproxy

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Fri Jul 23 11:05:44 CEST 2004

Adrian and Dan described the main differences from nathelper module when
they announced mediaproxy, you can find the email in the archives of the
mailing list. You can also find some information on their webpage. What
additional comparison do you want ?

If it is not enough then try both of them, write some comparison and
send it to the list.

Regarding the directions of the projects, it would be better to have
just one module for NAT traversal, but we were unable to resolve some
conflicts between the two modules so we decided to include both of them
and give users the possibility to choose. Both modules do approximately
the same, mediaproxy is simpler to setup, nathelper gives you more
flexibility but is more complicated to setup.

   Jan.