[Serusers] mdump() errors

Dave Bath dave at fuuz.com
Thu Jul 22 12:50:52 CEST 2004

Hey guys,

Finally have the proper logic in place to cope with offline messages and
messages to UAs that don't support the MESSAGE method... however, at the
end of the REGISTER block in my ser.cfg I try and call mdump() to make
sure any offline messages are delivered to the UA....  However when
registering with a UA which doesn't support MESSAGE method (I haven't
got one which does support it right now..) I get the following:

Jul 22 11:29:20 sip /usr/sbin/ser[23423]: MESSAGING: Offline messages
dumped

Jul 22 11:29:20 sip /usr/sbin/ser[23418]: ERROR: udp_send:
sendto(sock,0xbd72b0f8,633,0,0xbd72a

464,16): Invalid argument(22)

Jul 22 11:29:20 sip /usr/sbin/ser[23418]: CRITICAL: invalid
sendtoparameters one possible reaso

n is the server is bound to localhost and attempts to send to the net

Jul 22 11:29:20 sip /usr/sbin/ser[23418]: msg_send: ERROR: udp_send
failed

Jul 22 11:29:20 sip /usr/sbin/ser[23418]: ERROR: t_forward_nonack:
sending request failed

Jul 22 11:29:20 sip /usr/sbin/ser[23418]: ACC: transaction answered:
method=MESSAGE, i-uri=sip:

admin at sip.dev.inmarsat.com, o-uri=sip:admin at 81.86.136.86:5060,
call_id=1bcf7e00-23423 at 161.30.94

.68,
from=sip:test1 at sip.dev.inmarsat.com;tag=533cb9e91f4b999cf76861cbb9ed54ed
-57d2, code=477

Is this perhaps because m_dump() is trying to send it to the UA even
though the UA does not support MESSAGE?  If so, is there a way I can
catch it?  Does the registration process interrogate the UA as to which
methods it supports? Perhaps if this is the case, I could only do an
m_dump() if the UA supported messages? Or does m_dump() have its own
error handling somewhere?

Sorry for all the questions!

NB. I don't get this message when sending an IM to an offline or an
online-but-message-unsupported-UA... only as part of the m_dump in my
register block...

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

-------------------------------------
Dave Bath
dave at fuuz.com
www.fuuz.com
07736 232085

NOTE: The information contained in this email is intended for the named
recipients only, it may be privileged and confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, you must not copy distribute or take any action
in reliance upon it. No warranties or assurances are made in relation to
the safety and content of this email and any attachments. No liability
is accepted for any consequences arising from it