[Serusers] TCP<->UDP problem

Sergio Miguel sergio at cooltechintl.com
Mon Jul 19 13:30:22 CEST 2004

Hello,

With the default configuration of SER 0.8.12, and two registered UA's using TCP as transport protocol, when I try to make a call between them, the call arrives in UDP packets ! This is the scenario:

            TCP                               TCP
UA1 <---------> SIP SERVER <-----------> UA2

The UA's are registered to the SIP server using the "transport=tcp" flag in the Contact field, for example:
"Contact: 12345678 at 80.37.88.152:13245;transport=tcp"

But when UA1 calls UA2 ( using the TCP connection ), the INVITE is resent over UDP to the port specified in the Contact field, instead of using the established TCPconnection.

I have tried t_relay(), forward(uri:host,uri:port) and forward_tcp(uri:host,uri:port) and all resend the INVITE over UDP. ( I don´t understand why the third case fails ¿? )

I have tried t_relay_to_tcp("80.37.88.152","13245") and forward_tcp(80.37.88.152,13245) and they work fine, but I must specify the IP:Port by hand, but I need automatically the IP:Port from the table of registered ussers.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Sergio.