[Serusers] SER and interdomain routing

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Mon Jul 12 21:58:13 CEST 2004

--On 12 July 2004 19:50 +0200 Arnd Vehling <av at nethead.de> wrote:

> has anyone any pointers on how to implement interdomain
> routing with SER _without_ using the domain part of an
> uri when dialing.
>
> Example:
>
> I want to map sip:400000 at mydomain (not only one id but a complete range)
> to sip:400000 at otherdomain.
>
> "mydomain" is served via my Proxy server and otherdomain by someone else.
> My first thought was to just rewrite the "to" part of the uri but AFAIK
> thats not suggested because it violates the SIP RFC.

Am I being dumb or missing the point? Though you can't rewrite To:,
you can rewrite Request-URI - it's the SIP equivalent of being able
to rewrite envelope "TO" but not not header To: in SMTP. So you
rewrite **Request-URI:** sip:400000 at mydomain to sip:400000 at otherdomain,
and leave the To: field as it was. The proxy server downstream should
not be looking at To: (it should be looking at Request-URI) or things
like diversion and deflection to its users wouldn't work.

Alex