[Serusers] SER and interdomain routing

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Mon Jul 12 19:50:26 CEST 2004

Hello,

has anyone any pointers on how to implement interdomain
routing with SER _without_ using the domain part of an
uri when dialing.

Example:

I want to map sip:400000 at mydomain (not only one id but a complete range)
to sip:400000 at otherdomain.

"mydomain" is served via my Proxy server and otherdomain by someone else.
My first thought was to just rewrite the "to" part of the uri but AFAIK
thats not suggested because it violates the SIP RFC.

On the other hand i dont see how to circumvent rewriting the "to" uri
unless both sides use E164/ENUM Numbers or the enduser uses complete
sip addresses and not only the (numeric) user part.

best regards,

   Arnd