[Serusers] SER+NAT+RTP PROXY

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sat Jul 10 21:14:27 CEST 2004

On Jul 09, 2004 at 13:29, Kiko Vives <kiko.vives at ua.es> wrote:
> Hi again.
>
> I did what you tell me ( SER 0.8.12 and the last nathelper form CVS ) and it
> compiled right but when some endpoint try to register, SER crashes with
> "BUG: tcp_main_lop: dead child".

Please use ser 0.8.12 from the rel_0_8_12 stable cvs branch.

> I am using the ser.cfg from
> http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~prelle/terena/cookbook/Cookbook_D2/ch04
> s07.html
>
> Does anyone know why this could be happenning ?

If you are using the latest ser 0.8.12 (which is ser 0.8.12-1rc4),
enable core dumping (run ulimit -c unlimited  before starting ser) and
send us on serteam at iptel.org the whole log (the log message you copied
above means only that some ser process died) and a backtrace (or a
tar.gz with the coredump, the compiled binaries and the sources).

Andrei