[Serusers] SER+NAT+RTP PROXY

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jul 9 09:33:26 CEST 2004

On Jul 09, 2004 at 09:18, Kiko Vives <kiko.vives at ua.es> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm a bit confused. Are there then, two media proxys ? "Mediaproxy" and
> "rtpproxy", am I right ? In that case, which is a better solution ?

Yes, there are 2 of them. nathelper+rtpproxy and mediaproxy+mediaproxy
rtp relay.
rtpproxy is written in C, the mediaproxy rtp relay in python.
Each has features the other doesn't have (search the archives for more
info).
Saying one or another is better would start a huge flamewar :-)

> I have been trying SER 0.8.12 nathelper but if fails with "ping_nated_only"
> parameter. I guess a I have to use CVS one instead of 0.8.12. Is that right
> ?

First of all make sure you are using the latest 0.8.12, from the
rel_0_8_12 stable branch. Then get nathelper from unstable, copy it in
stable (0.8.12) and recompile.

You could also wait for a week and then get the 0.8.14 release
candidate, which will have the latest nathelper in it
(or wait for more and get directly 0.8.14).

Andrei