[Serusers] SER, IPv6, IPv6/IPv4 interworking and more

CURRO_DOMINGUEZ CURRO_DOMINGUEZ at terra.es
Tue Jan 27 13:00:01 CET 2004

Hello

Again, thank you very much. But with your answers, newer questions
appear.

Well, If I have understood all right, with RTP proxy I can establish a
communication between v4 and v6 clients, so I can 'jump' the problem of
not SDP translations. Is this OK?

And I would like to ask you about the simplest scenario I can imagine
to interconnect IPv4 and IPv6.

A box (probably IBM with Linux or Sun/Solaris 8) with two cards, one
IPv6 and other one IPv4. This box acts as a Proxy Server and Registrar.
But it can acts as IPv6/IPv4 translator (I just have to configure
ser.cfg to listen on both cards and enable Record-route, haven't I?).
And finally this box can acts as RTP Proxy. So, all the features on the
same machine. What do you think about this scenario?

Does RTP Proxy work on Solaris 8?

Thank you very much

Curro