[Serusers] SER, IPv6, IPv6/IPv4 interworking and more

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Jan 26 11:51:39 CET 2004

At 10:55 AM 1/26/2004, Bogdan-Andrei IANCU wrote:
>Hi,
>
>you run on SER instance for IPv4 and IPv6 on a machine that have both types of interfaces. All you have to do is to add in your config script proper listen parameter for the IPv4 and IPv6 interfaces. SER will do all the necessary signaling (SIP) translation (note that it will not handle the RTP translation !!!).

thanks, Bogdan.

a note on long-term solutions:

People may have different opinions on v4v6 transition strategy. To me,
the least invasive option is use of dual-stacks. That takes a dual-stack
proxy (SER is such) and dual-stack clients; among other common dual-stack
features they need to advertise both IPv4 and v6 in SDP; I don't know if
there are such.

-jiri