[Serusers] SER, IPv6, IPv6/IPv4 interworking and more

CURRO_DOMINGUEZ CURRO_DOMINGUEZ at terra.es
Mon Jan 26 10:49:08 CET 2004

Hello

After installing and running over last month SER, we are going to the
next step. Our final goal is to deploy a SIP network which allows SIP
clients Voice Call, Videoconference (RTP), Instant Message and
Presence. And we want to use IPv6 and IPv4 networks.

I wonder several questions about this:

I'll use a SER server for IPv4 network and another for IPv6 network,
but how I connect them? I think that I need a device with two network
cards connected each one to IPv4 or IPv6. Which software has to run
this device to act as a SIP Protocol Gateway? Can SER do this?

Do you think that with the two proxy SER servers and the SIP Protocol
Gateway would be enough or that I need another device to develope this?

Thank you very much for your time and responses

Curro