[Serusers] REGISTER implementation --

Kannaiyan Natesan nkans at lycos.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 21:20:14 CET 2004

> SER is a very good SIP proxy. A proxy sets up calls, doesn't terminate
No doubt in that.

I really don't want that to be a SIP Proxy feature.
But to add as a module like NAT, RTPProxy. I hope it is clear.

The reason why it is needed:
I cannot buy bulk of phones to have a phone for every sip proxy or even to
pay too much for every additional sip uri. I feel it would be better to be
done at the server side rather than at the sip endpoint.

Asterisk needs a loads of changes to have the same implementation compared
to SER.

Kannaiyan