[Serusers] MySQL accounting question

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Fri Jan 9 20:42:44 CET 2004

On Friday 09 January 2004 20:35, jerk face wrote:
> --- Arnd Vehling <av at nethead.de> wrote:
> > jerk face wrote:
> > > I have successfully implemented accounting to
> >
> > syslog,
> >
> > > but I would like to use MySQL to handle
> >
> > accounting.  I
> >
> > > have read that # DEFS+=-DSQL_ACC must be
> >
> > uncommented
> >
> > > for database logging to work, but I installed from
> > > RPM, how can I set up database accounting in this
> > > situation?
> >
> > Its explained in the acc moduls README:
> >
> > ---
[...]
> > ---
> >
> > further info is available in on the ser wiki pages.
> >
> > -- Arnd
>
> I installed from RPM, so how would I edit anything and
> recompile?

You can try to compile the acc module from a source tarball and replace the
acc module from your rpm with that new compiled module. But we do NOT
recommend this way, because of possible strange errors which are hard to
debug.
The better and much more cleaner solution is to remove your rpm installation,
and recompile and install from a fresh tarball. (Naturally you can backup and
re-use the config of your current installation.)

Regards
  Nils