[Serusers] replication and rtpproxy

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Thu Feb 26 22:40:10 CET 2004

Nils Ohlmeier wrote:
> Yes, comitted. But the replicated data will not be read in by the backup
> server.

Mhh, seems like i didnt really understood what t_replicate does.
I thought "t_replicate" will replicate all invites to a failover box
so the primary and secondary are synced in terms of subscribed
users?!

So, if the primary box fails it the secondary should will have an (maybe
minus ore or two records) identical database and an identical subscriber
base?!

> Mode=1 only means that the server writes it immediately to the
> database. But there is currently no mode available in which contact data is
> read from the database for every lookup.

I thought t_replicate will do this. But if not i either restart ser as
suggested or patch it so it will re-read the subsriber table if i send
it a SIGHUP or a something via the fifo.

best regards,

   Arnd