[Serusers] replication and rtpproxy

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Thu Feb 26 21:56:23 CET 2004

On Thursday 26 February 2004 21:02, Arnd Vehling wrote:
> Nils Ohlmeier wrote:
> >>Thats the case. I am working on a simple setup using linux-ha with
> >>heartbeat, ip failover and native mysql db synchronisation.
> >
> > Hopefully you are aware that db synchronisation currently does not work
> > with the user location db, because it is cached it memory.
>
> ? I did set "usrloc" "db_mode" 1. So the usr locations should get
> committet imediatly. (Performance Issue, I know..)

Yes, comitted. But the replicated data will not be read in by the backup
server. Mode=1 only means that the server writes it immediately to the
database. But there is currently no mode available in which contact data is
read from the database for every lookup. The lookup table will be read in on
startup, but not updated from the DB. So you have to reastart SER on the
backup server after the failover happened.

  NO