[Serusers] Strange "sip scans" from "qualsys.com"

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Feb 9 11:58:30 CET 2004

You are on the public Internet... people can send you any stuff.
We see people polling whether iptel runs, messages from telephones
which are broken, misconfigured or both. Lot of unnecessary traffic.
(BTW -- DNS operators have similar experince, about 80% traffic
is crap.) We haven't seen SIP messages from qualsys though,
even when we tried their free security scan.

-jiri