[Serusers] SER and presence extensions

CURRO_DOMINGUEZ CURRO_DOMINGUEZ at terra.es
Tue Feb 3 17:05:57 CET 2004

Hello everybody

I am doing some tests aboute presence module and I would like to make
you some questions and comments. I've been diving into the mailing list
(a great way to learn) and I've configured SER with this:

if (method=="SUBSCRIBE") {
           if (t_newtran()){
                   handle_subscription("registrar");
                   break;
           };
};

Everything seems to work OK. I just want to work with 'open' and 'close'
states. But Windows Messenger 5.0 receives NOTIFY from SER and doesn't
update state. I think the matter is that WM doesn't understand the xml
file sent with NOTIFY, because use its own xml file.

Have you tested with any UA on Windows that use the standard XML file
(like SER) to manage presence? And where can I find specifications for
this XML file?

I have read a Jan's mail(May-03) where he said that there are some
drafts that extends presence and that they were going to implement this
on SER. I would like to know whether these drafts are already RFC or
have been some advance on this feature.

Thank you very much.

Curro