[Serusers] rtpproxy / nathelper - problem

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Feb 2 10:29:34 CET 2004

Even if there is just one UA behind a symmetric NAT and the other guy is
on the public Internet, you need to use RTP proxy. A way around would be
smart UAs that are able to detect this condition and use symmetric media
(comedia SDP extentsion) but I would be surprised if this technique would
be deployable with today's SIP phone.

-jiri