[Serusers] Greeting, and Request for help on incoming "Strip" Command

Ian Bonham ianbonham at sftalk.net
Wed Dec 29 12:12:40 CET 2004

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined the list having started using SER and would first like to say
Hi to all the subscribers.

I'm having a problem with moving calls between SER servers which I hope
someone can offer some advice on.

I'm running my own SER system, which is used to make calls between local users
no problems. We are also partnered with another company who provide a POTS
gateway for making calls externally. At the moment my setup works perfectly
placing calls between extensions on the same domain, and I have got the
routing working fine to allow users to make outgoing calls onto the POTS
network.

My problem arises when someone on POTS makes a call into our domain. A phone
may be registered on my domain as 123456 at sip.sft.net, but the call comes in
from our partners in the UK. The call is routed to our domain fine, as I have
seen running an Ngrep on port 5060. However the calls arrive with a prefix of
197544, then our internal number 123456. They also arrive with the domain
www.partner.net on the TO field.

Because the TO field now reads 197544123456 at www.partner.net, as soon as it
hits my domain it gets lost as I can't direct it to 123456 at sip.sft.net.

I've tried changing settings in ser.conf but I can't seem to find the right
configuration or location to make it strip the first 6 numbers (197544) and
change the domain from www.partner.net to sip.sft.net before I try to send the
call to the destination on our domain. I am guessing that it is ser.conf I
should be changing, but I am unsure as to where I should be making changes and
exactly what changes I should be making to ensure it is only incoming calls
from the www.partner.net domain that are affected.

If anyone can offer some advice on how I can achieve this I'd be really
grateful. Am I looking in the right place? I have RTFM, but am still lost on
this one as I'm quite new to SER.

Many thanks in advance, and wishing everyone a Happy New Year,

Ian Bonham