[Serusers] latest release, distribution, etc.

Gurol Akman gurol_akman at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 28 17:25:08 CET 2004

Hi,

Being new to ser, I downloaded ser-0.9.0 and did a 'make' followed by 'make
modules' and 'make install' and with a few glitches during module
compilation -- which is a subject of another e-mail -- all worked fine. I
was able to register my client application thru ser and place calls between
two clients.

At this early stage, I'd like to verify a few things to make sure I'm on the
right track...

+ Which one is the latest stable source distribution of ser: 0.8.14 or
0.9.0? The latest link points to the 0.8.14 folder which suggests this must
the latest release but then there is also a 0.9.0 folder.

+ Is ser distributed in source code format  only or is it also available in
binary format? If it is available in source code format only, is there a way
to create installable packages (i.e., binary rpm packages)?

If available, I'd like to use rpm packages since ser source distribution
does not seem to support the 'make uninstall' target.

Thanks in advance,

GA