[Serusers] Avoiding storing passwords in mysql "subscriber" table in clear-text

karl ser_newbie at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 15:43:49 CET 2004

Hi Antonio,

Following our previous communication re the above subject, I have recently found the time to understand and try out your interesting suggested solution as per email below.

Actually, the solution regarding "ser" worked perfectly well.

However, I am still stuck in the serweb part, in a sense that a user whose password is no longer saved in clear-texts is then unable to log into serweb.  It appears as if serweb requires use of clear-text passwords for authentication.

I am currently using CVS Ser 99,and have noted that your reference to the last part of the config.php change the line, namely "$this->clear_text_pw=1;" instead reads $config->clear_text_pw=1;

Thank you in advanced for any further help, while wishing you and all SER users a Happy New Year.