[Serusers] Strange SER hanging problem

Jason Ostrom justiceguy at pobox.com
Mon Dec 27 06:21:42 CET 2004

Hello all,
I have not been able to get my SER to work properly on this SuSE Linux
Pro 9.2 machine.  SER appears to hang endlessly.  The binary compiled
from src just fine.  I can't tell exactly where the problem is, can
anyone lend help in deciphering where to find the culprit, please?

One clue:  SER is trying to open the config file because when I rename
it, it errors out.  But when it opens the file, it just hangs.  I have
even tried inserting random text, and it still hangs.  So it appears to
not be parsing the text?

machine:/usr/local/etc/ser #
machine:/usr/local/etc/ser # mv ser.cfg ser.bak
machine:/usr/local/etc/ser # ser
ERROR: loading config file(/usr/local/etc/ser/ser.cfg): No such file or
directory
machine:/usr/local/etc/ser # mv ser.bak ser.cfg
machine:/usr/local/etc/ser # ser