[Serusers] Adding new user with serctl

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Mon Dec 20 13:34:08 CET 2004

  I have been meaning to ask how other SER sites add new users to
their system. It always seemed odd to me that serctl didn't provide
a command line mode for adding the first_name, last_name and phone
values. I've managed with such a mode but now that Help Desk
staff will be creating user accounts I'd like to package the account
creation process into one coherent step.  How do other sites
handle the account creation process? Have you developed your
own tools or do you use serctl and mysql?

Thanks,Steve